Sunday, May 25, 2014

Marine Corp Half Marathon

There about a million and one reasons why the marine corp half is one of my favorite races.  The atmosphere is pretty incredible.  How often do you get to run with those who serve your country each and every day? I also love that it's a local race so there's no hotel cost, no extra planning, and most importantly, no interference with work.

The weather was beautiful - a slight breeze (making it chilly at 6AM) but it felt amazing throughout the whole race.  The course wasn't too bad except of course hospital hill was BRUTAL but what's worse is the hill afterwards on Cowan Blvd.  All complaints aside, it was a gorgeous race and I even finished another one in under 2 hours.

So 5 races, 4 months, 3 states, 2 PRs, and 1 very very happy runner girl.  What a fabulous racing season.  So far, 2014 has trumped any expectations I've had so far in the running world.

Best part is I've gotten to do so many races with friends! For instance I saw Shannon, her hubby, and some friends from my running club along the way.

Now off to the lake to let these legs rest after a 9 mile long run and 1 mile training run for Riley.

Happy Memorial Day


No comments:

Post a Comment